Vacancy: System Engineering Lead
|Job Title||System Engineering Lead|
|Type||Full-time, permanent||Working hours||9am – 5:30pm (flexible)|
|Reports to||Head of IT / Managing Director||Location||Dublin city centre|
Introduction & Purpose
Nextpath is an Irish registered company based in the hustle and bustle of Dublin city centre, that is part of an international group providing its clients with a tailored, creative and professional outsourced service, supporting sports and casino betting platforms. In the evolving role of our sports betting platform, cloud technologies are increasingly important, and we require a technical lead to help steer this aspect of our day to day operations.
The System Engineering Lead is key to the groups’ IT Service Delivery function, and is responsible for actively maintaining systems, infrastructure and our global data centres, addressing issues impacting the company’s mission critical production environments, in close liaison with various IT teams in London, Belgrade, Malta and India. The Lead is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure, including but not limited to Servers, Storage Systems, Virtualisation, Server Operating Systems, File Systems and various cloud services that are utilised as part of our production systems. In addition to systems, the System Engineering Lead will also be responsible for the upkeep of our global data centres and will advise and adhere to best practices to ensure uptime of critical systems.
Experience of working within the betting industry and/or an interest in sports and gambling would be a distinct advantage. Candidates should have demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills, an in-depth understanding of web/internet and server technologies and proven documentation writing abilities along with team and people management skills. The role offers exposure to a variety of technical areas, so a hunger to learn and keep abreast of current technology will allow the applicant to maximise the potential of the position.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the groups’ server hardware through best practice methods.
- Manage the groups’ storage systems and switching.
- Responsible for automated system builds on the groups virtualised infrastructure.
- Ensure patching of Windows and Linux systems is adhered to.
- Respond to software vulnerabilities on the groups edge servers.
- Provide guidance to the Corporate IT team on technology for supporting our global offices
- Maintain relationships with data centre and infrastructure suppliers.
- Provide management for the groups Microsoft Office 365 and Linux based email systems.
- Assist with architecture designs for new systems and data centres
- Work closely with the network team when designing new infrastructure
- Provide an architectural overview to various teams to ensure new technologies/projects are implemented correctly and are covered by existing support models.
- Use industry standard experience to assist in the build of new global data centres.
- Work with TechOps and Cloudflare to roll out new technologies for protection and acceleration of our production environment.
- The provision of some occasional local desktop support will be required as part of the role.
|Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience||Essential||Desirable|
|Proven leadership and people management skills||x|
|Working knowledge of cloud providers and associated services||x|
|Excellent analytical skills||x|
|Experience with current web/internet technologies||x|
|Excellent Documentation Writing Abilities||x|
|Internet security and best practices||x|
|Understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems||x|
|Understanding of Linux Operating Systems||x|
|Understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and Email Systems||x|
|Microsoft Active Directory Experience||x|
|JumpCloud Cloud Directory Experience||x|
|HPE Server Hardware Experience||x|
|SAN and SAN Fabric Switching Experience||x|
|Exposure to online gaming/trading environment||x|
|Ability to perform well under pressure||x|
|Networking and TCP/IP Knowledge||x|
|Understanding of internet and public DNS systems||x|
|Architecture and design skills – Data Centres||x|
|Architecture and design skills – Infrastructure||x|
What is life like in Nextpath?
As a Nextpath employee you will be able to balance high professional standards with a casual, collaborative and fun approach to work. You will work in a flat organisational structure allowing you to take ownership of your role.
Our employees truly are our most important asset. To reward you for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package that allows you to make your own choices when it comes to what matters to you most.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV through the application form here:
Nextpath Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that by making an application for this position you are agreeing to Nextpath holding your personal information on file for a duration of 12 months from the date of submission for the purpose of this recruitment process and to enable us to touch base with you again with regards to future vacancies within the company.